Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lesson 12-Somo la Kumi na mbili

The simplest way to use Swahili words is to put them into a simple conversation.Let's try to learn few words below while trying to construct sentenses in swahili using these words and other previous words that we have learnt.

Uliza----ask (an act),pronounced--who--lee-zer

Ku-uliza--to ask

Kuhusu---About.

e.g:I want to ask you about Moshi.
Nataka kuuliza wewe kuhusu Moshi.

Listen---Sikiliza,to listen---Kusikiliza.pronounce--c-key-lee-zer

Hear---Sikia--to hear---kusikia.pronounce as c-key-ah.

Let's see how the above two words are used in a sentence:

a)Can you listen to this?
Unaweza kusikiliza hii?(hii---this)

b)Hear what she said.
Sikia alichosema (sema(semar)-say)

Europe-------Ulaya(pronounce it as "who-liar")

She lives in Europe (Anaishi Ulaya)

America-----Marekani(pronounce as "mar-re-can)

Mountain----Mlima
To the mountain--Mlimani

e.g:I went to the mountain today
Nilikwenda mlimani leo.

I don't like----Sipendi
Wait----Subiri.
I'll see---Nitaona (see----ona pronounce,oner)
I'll plan---Nitapanga (plan---panga,a plan --mpango)

I've a plan----Nina mpango.

No comments:

Post a Comment